Sunday, December 31, 2023

Divine Call Returned

This letter was read to Good Shepherd Lutheran Church this morning and, presumably, was read at Peace Lutheran Church of Wautoma, Wisconsin as well.  






Peace Evangelical Lutheran Church
335 W. Prairie Street
Wautoma, Wisconsin 54982-8447

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

After prayerful deliberation and numerous conversations, I have decided to return the Divine Call to Peace Lutheran Church and to continue serving at Good Shepherd in Novi.

I am grateful for your confidence in extending the call to me and allowing me to assess how I am serving in our Lord’s church.  I have heard nothing but good things about Peace, so there is nothing that I found which is undesirable about this call.  At the same time, there are many good things about serving where I am.  The decision was a matter of good versus good.

Our Lord loves his church, and he will continue to watch over you, bless you, and preserve you.  According to the Lord’s own timing, you can be sure that the Holy Spirit will provide the pastor he has in mind for you.  I will keep you in my prayers that your call will be answered quickly.

God bless and keep you.

                                                                                                In Christ,

                                                                                                Pastor Thomas E. Schroeder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to recurring spam, all comments will now be moderated. Please be patient.