Friday, April 25, 2014

Road Trip -- Cincinnati

The kids' Spring Breaks have been scattered all over March and April, but I wasn't able to get a breather until after Easter.  Caleb, Philip, and Peter were off all this week, and obviously Laura too.  Laura and I were itching to get out of town, so off we went ... to Cincinnati.

We were there 2 years ago and didn't get to Union Terminal, an old railroad terminal that, thankfully, was not destroyed as soon as its use had ended.  The very appearance of the building demands that it be visited.  It now houses several museums.  We spent all of Wednesday there.

Some photos....





The next day, we went to the Creation Museum in northern Kentucky.  I have to say that they did a nice job with the museum.  It was, more or less, exactly what I had expected it would be--neither overwhelming nor underwhelming to me.  Would I recommend it?  As much as I would recommend most museums.  Then again, I am just not as enamored with dinosaurs as many other people are.  Some photos.....



Adam names the animals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to recurring spam, all comments will now be moderated. Please be patient.