Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Things that make me go ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!! -- Pop up ads

Over the past few months, Verizon seems to think that I am interested in pop up ads that show up on my phone.  For the most part, they have been annoying, but I can usually remove them with a tap and get back to my business.  Although it is frustrating having my business interrupted by pop up ads.

This morning introduced a greater frustration.  A telemarketer called to pester me about something.  I tried to politely dismiss myself from the call, wanting to hang up immediately after saying, "Thank you, but I am not interested."  The attempt to hang up was thwarted by a pop up ad.  But it was not merely a screen shot ad.  It was a 15 second commercial.  So, I was trying to get out of the phone call, get rid of the commercial, as the telemarketer continued to try to tell me that this phone call was actually more meaningful to me than I thought.

So much for the quick end to an unwanted phone call, which was extended by an unwanted pop up commercial.  And yes, I said, "ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to recurring spam, all comments will now be moderated. Please be patient.