Wednesday, February 2, 2022

In Case You Ever Wondered -- Feeling better about the weather

Today, the metro-Detroit area is facing Snowmageddon.  I have heard predictions for up to two feet of snow over the next day or so.  I don't mind the snow.  I may be an outlier, but if it is going to be winter, I prefer a lot of snow.  By all means, have the roads cleared, salted, and cared for.  But I hate brown winters.  Often the winter skies in Michigan are grey, too.  But a bright layer of white on the ground brightens up the day quite a bit.  I even have reason to put on sunglasses because of it.  I think it makes for a cheerier winter.  (It's when winter still lingers well into April that I get cranky about it.)

There are times when I do want to feel better about where I live during the winter.  While I don't crave such relief today, maybe someone else does.  Occasionally, I like the relief, too.  When that happens, when I want to feel better about where I live during the winter, I check out the forecast in places where I know it will be worse.  For me, that go-to-weather-forecast is in Minot, North Dakota.  I have never been there, and the forecast usually tells me that I don't want to go there.  (Cue God's sense of humor now.)

Anyway, for those who are grieved over the Snowmageddon in metro-Detroit, here is the forecast for Minot, North Dakota.

There.  I hope you feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to recurring spam, all comments will now be moderated. Please be patient.