Thursday, October 21, 2021

COVID exposure and Sunday, October 24

Greetings in the name of our Savior,

Earlier, I sent an email out that Laura was experiencing the symptoms for COVID. Her test came back positive, which was not a surprise. Her most pronounced symptom right now is fatigue, so she is getting as much rest as she can.

Since I have been exposed, we are taking proper precautions in order to avoid infecting as many as possible. Based on conversations with the Church Council, the schedule for Sunday is as follows. Scheduling beyond Sunday will be determined later.

Sunday School will meet at 8:45 AM.

Adult Bible Class will meet at 8:45 AM. I will not be present, but will provide a self-study which covers a portion of the Bible and allows for conversation among participants.

Divine Service will be at 10:00 AM.

I will preside over the service but will remain as far from the congregation as possible. We will not have Holy Communion, so there will not be close contact at the altar. I will remain in the sacristy prior to the service and will return there following the service so that I do not interact with anyone.

Catechism Class will be 3:00-4:30 PM via Zoom. I will send out the links later.

Currently, I am not experiencing any symptoms of COVID, and I am keeping my distance from Laura. For this reason and because I have been vaccinated, it was deemed safe for me to lead the service. If you feel it is safest for you to stay away, follow our worship on our Facebook Live stream. (Search for Good Shepherd Lutheran Novi on Facebook and you should find us.)

In the event that I come down with COVID symptoms before Sunday, I will stay away from church altogether and the elders will lead the service, following The Service of the Word (page 38).

This information should enable you to make your plans accordingly for the Sunday service. B
y keeping you aware of our procedures, we are trying to avoid upsetting anyone. If anything should change, you will be notified. If you have questions or concerns, you are welcome to voice them at welsnovi@aol.com or to any of our Church Council officers.

God bless and keep you.

In Christ,
Pastor Schroeder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to recurring spam, all comments will now be moderated. Please be patient.