Friday, August 21, 2026

Today's Earworm: Waterloo by Abba

I have a pet peeve (Things that make me go ARRRRGGGGHHHH!) about radio stations which are fixated on one song by an artist while virtually ignoring all others.

For example, did you know Bryan Adams has other hits besides Summer of '69?  And Kansas released something in addition to Carry On, Wayward Son?  Boston did more than More Than A Feeling.  You get the idea, and chances are you can add to this list.

Recently, one of the local stations began playing a lot of songs by Abba.  My theory is that the station manager recently discovered his Mom's CD collection and Abba's Greatest Hots was in there.  

In any case, I will give the station credit for this: They recognize that Abba had other songs beside Dancing Queen.  That's how the song Waterloo pierced my brain.  I also pay homage to a local town and sing Wabasha instead.  Now, if I only knee the rest of the lyrics....

Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to recurring spam, all comments will now be moderated. Please be patient.